Yes. The true legal requirement to test and certify products for sale in the United States is a designation by the OSHA as a NRLT. An NRTL functions to provide independent evaluation, testing, and certification of any electrically operated or gas- and oil-fired product. ETL is recognized as an NRTL in the United States and, in a similar capacity, as a Testing Organization and Certifying Body in Canada by the Standards Council of Canada.